Create amazing screencasts and step-by-step video tutorials, for free!
Wink makes it easy for you to capture screenshots, record audio, add explanations boxes and buttons to create highly effective tutorials for your users.
Wink is also completely free for personal or commercial use. No purchase needed.
The Wink Google Group is a good place to discuss tips and tricks.
- Freeware: Completely free for personal or commercial use. However if you want to redistribute Wink, please get permission from the author.
- Cross-Platform: Available for Windows and Linux.
- Audio: Record and use your voice in your tutorials.
- Input formats: Capture screenshots or use existing images.
- Output formats: MPEG-4 video (for web), PDF (for printable manuals), PostScript, HTML or images.
- Multilingual support: Translated in English, French, German, Italian, Danish, Spanish, Serbian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese and Simplified/Traditional Chinese.
- Smart Capture Tools: Capture screenshots automatically as you use your PC, based on mouse and keyboard input (great time saver and generates professional captures).
- Performance/Quality: Creates highly compressed video presentations, ideal for using on the web.
- Navigation buttons to move to next/previous/random frames in the presentation, you can use custom bitmaps for these buttons (full transparency/alpha channel support).
- Callouts and shapes for displaying text explanations. The built-in Callout Editor is used to create custom shaped callouts as you want.
- Intuitive drag-n-drop editing of the frame, callout, cursor, navigation buttons and the title elements.
- Advanced features like templates, cursor editing, background images and control bars for the video etc.
- Completely PC and Web ready with exports to PDF, HTML, MPEG-4 formats.
- Innovative compression techniques applied to reduce file size of output video file.